Alan F. Levin
Attorney – Mediator – Arbitrator
THE LEVIN LAW GROUP, P.C.
4900 Fournace Place ~ 2nd Floor, Bellaire, Texas 77401
Phone: 713.877.1600 Fax: 713.439.1600
Qualifications And Experience:
- Shareholder and Managing Officer, The Levin Law Group, P.C., f/k/a Levin & Kasner, P.C. (since 1978).
- Over 52 years in complex civil litigation and appellate work. Represented plaintiffs and defendants in various commercial, personal injury, bankruptcy, real estate, banking and municipality cases.
- Certified Mediator having handled over 9,000 cases, focusing on complex business cases, intellectual property disputes, class actions and collective actions, serious personal injury, energy related disputes, real estate, securities, banking, bankruptcy, construction and medical malpractice cases.
- Experienced arbitrator; individually and on three (3) person panels
- Numerous complex multi-party Arbitration and Master in Chancery cases
- Adjunct Professor, University of Houston College of Law
- Member South Texas Center for Legal Responsibility Mediation Council
- Member, South Texas Center for Legal Professional Responsibility Council
- Member, Society for Professionals in Dispute Resolution
- Member, Association of Attorney-Mediators
- Charter Member, Texas Academy of Distinguished Neutrals
- Frequent CLE Lecturer
- Member, State Bar of Texas, Houston Bar Association and American Bar Association.
Licensed to practice in all four (4) Texas Federal Districts Courts, the Fifth Circuit, the United States Tax Court and the United States Supreme Court.
- Trustee and Life Member, State Bar Foundation
- Fellow, State Bar College
- AV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell (Highest Rating Available)
- Texas Super Lawyer in ADR
- Selected by Law Dragon as top 500 Leading Judges & Arbitrators in America
- Selected by Law Dragon as top 3000 Leading Attorneys in America
- Selected by peers as one of “The Best Lawyers in America” in the ADR specialty
- Past Chairman of the Board, Houston Independent Bank, N.A.
Civic and Philanthropic Affiliations:
- Big Brother and co-founder of Big Brothers and Big Sisters Foundation in Houston and past member of Houston Board of Directors
- Chairman, Texas Prisoner’s Rehabilitation and Visitation Program
- Trustee, Prisoner’s Aid Foundation
- Past International Vice President, B’nai B’rith International (58 Nations)
- Past Chief Justice, B’nai B’rith International Court of Appeals
- Chairman, B’nai B’rith International Center for Senior Services
- Recipient of first Label A. Katz International Leadership Award
- Past President, B’nai B’rith District Seven (seven southern states)
- Chairman and Trustee, B’nai B’rith Opportunity House for Alcoholic Rehabilitation
- Past President, Congregation Beth Yeshurun
- Chairman, Houston Jewish Community Foundation
- Past Member, Jewish Federation of Greater Houston Board of Directors
- Past Member, Jewish Federation of Greater Houston Executive Committee
- Associate General Chairman, Houston United Jewish Campaign
- Chairman, Major Gifts Division of the Houston United Jewish Campaign
- Chairman, Attorneys Division of the Houston United Jewish Campaign
- Chairman, Houston Israel Bonds Cabinet
- Chairman, Israel Bonds New Leadership
- Past Member, Board of Directors, American Associates, Ben-Gurion University
- Past Member, Jewish National Fund Board of Directors
- Past Member, Jewish Children’s Regional Service
- Recipient, Jewish National Fund Citation of Honor
- Hadassah Associate Life Member
- Hadassah Founder
- Past President, J.B. Goldberg, Senior Citizens Housing Tower Foundation
- Chairman, Greater Houston Hillel Foundation Advisory Board
- Chairman, Houston Hillel
- Honor graduate, University of Houston College of Law. Assistant Editor of the Law Review. Chief Justice of the Student Court. Chief Student Defender. Garwood Award for Academic Excellence. Who’s Who in American Colleges and Universities.
- Graduated, Harvard Law School, Advanced Mediation Workshop
- Honor graduate, Old Dominion University. Training and experience in clinical psychology.