Alan F. Levin
Attorney – Mediator
THE LEVIN LAW GROUP, P.C.
Twelve Greenway Plaza, Suite 1100, Houston, Texas 77046
Phone: 713/877-1600 Telecopy: 713-439-1600
Qualifications And Experience:
- Shareholder and Managing Officer, The Levin Law Group, P.C., f/k/a Levin & Kasner, P.C. (since 1978).
- Over Forty-five (45) years in complex civil litigation and appellate work. Represented plaintiffs and defendants in various commercial, personal injury, bankruptcy, real estate, banking and municipality cases.
- Certified Mediator for more than twenty-six (26) years having handled over eighty-five hundred (8,500) cases, focusing on complex business cases, intellectual property disputes, class actions and collective actions, serious personal injury, energy related disputes, real estate, securities, banking, bankruptcy, construction and medical malpractice cases.
- Experienced arbitrator; individually and on three (3) person panels
- Numerous complex multi-party Arbitration and Master in Chancery cases
- Adjunct Professor, University of Houston College of Law
- Member South Texas Center for Legal Responsibility Mediation Council
- Member, South Texas Center for Legal Professional Responsibility Council
- Member, Society for Professionals in Dispute Resolution
- Member, Association of Attorney-Mediators
- Charter Member, Texas Academy of Distinguished Neutrals
- Frequent CLE Lecturer
- Member, State Bar of Texas, Houston Bar Association and American Bar Association.
Licensed to practice in all four (4) Texas Federal Districts Courts, the Fifth Circuit, the United States Tax Court and the United States Supreme Court.
- Trustee and Life Member, State Bar Foundation
- Fellow, State Bar College
- AV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell (Highest Rating Available)
- Texas Super Lawyer in ADR
- Selected by Law Dragon as top 500 Leading Judges & Arbitrators in America
- Selected by Law Dragon as top 3000 Leading Attorneys in America
- Selected by peers as one of “The Best Lawyers in America” in the ADR specialty
- Past Chairman of the Board, Houston Independent Bank, N.A.
- Honor graduate, University of Houston College of Law. Assistant Editor of the Law Review. Chief Justice of the Student Court. Chief Student Defender. Garwood Award for Academic Excellence. Who’s Who in American Colleges and Universities.
- Graduated, Harvard Law School, Advanced Mediation Workshop
- Honor graduate, Old Dominion University. Training and experience in clinical psychology.